Meet the Team: Keaton!
Name Keaton Swett
Birthplace San Francisco, CA but grew up in New Hampshire – an East Coaster at heart
Official Title President
Role on the team Head of business development and marketing (“the least technical member of the team”); Keaton signs on new customers (companies), and works to acquire new users (students) in order to increase the MindSumo presence.
Educational Background Johns Hopkins University; Major: History, Minor: Business. Keaton studied history out of his pure love for the subject. His focus was on American history, particularly the period from the Revolution to the end of the Civil War.
Favorite food “I love all food and will try anything!” If he had to choose, Keaton would say lobster is his favorite because it reminds him of summer family outings to Maine.
Favorite childhood memory Annual family vacations to Round Pond, Maine, a time for the family to be “off the grid,” enjoy each others company, fishing, kayaking, cooking, and playing cards
- Sports: a big New England sports fan, Keaton played discus and football in college
- Music: loves to play piano and guitar because music brings balance to his life
- Outdoors: enjoys hiking and camping for the joy of being outdoors and the beauty of nature
- Politics: growing up in a political family, politics was the topic of regular dinner table discussions as a kid, something that stayed with him as he grew up.
- Works out
- Reads books, alternating between works of fiction and non-fiction. Keaton believes reading is one of the best ways to improve himself
- Makes music
- Watches movies with quality acting
Describe yourself in 3 words: Confident, driven, and even-keeled
If you weren’t at Mindsumo, what would you be doing? "I would probably be at grad school or I’d be trying to figure out how to start my own company.“
Why will MindSumo change the world? ”With the rise of technology, MindSumo enables people to come together for a common goal. In all different parts of the country and even the world, college students can demonstrate how they solve real problems and issues. There’s power in it in that we can all do this simultaneously.“